This guide will guide universities and other enterprise SIMVANA customers through the process of converting existing SIMVANA PC based setups to a standalone solution.
Create a Meta Account
Each device requires it's own Meta account. If the same account attempts to run a VR app on multiple devices at once, both devices will exit the app. Each Meta account requires it's own email address.
- Visit meta.com/login. Click "continue with email"
- Enter the email address you want to associate with this Meta account, click next.
- Note for enterprise users: Meta requires a unique email address per Meta account.
- Click "Create new account"
- Over the next few screens, enter your Name and Birthdate, clicking next to proceed.
- Create a password for this Meta account
- Confirm your information and click "Create Account"
- You should get a confirmation code email in the inbox of the email address you entered above. Enter the confirmation code and click Continue
- You will be returned to the meta.com website
Get the SIMVANA Anesthesia App on your Meta account
- Visit https://www.meta.com/experiences/6241063199338140
- Press OK on the pop up that tells you this app is Available through App Lab
- Click the Get button.
If you get a pop up warning "Are you sure you want to buy this app?" click Continue. We will add a VR device to your account later in this process
Download Meta Quest App
- Download the Meta Quest app to your phone.
- Once installed, open the app.
- Login with your Meta account created above.
- If you are setting up multiple headsets, you can logout of the app and log back in as a new account. Go to Menu > Log out (at the bottom of the page)
- In the Pair a new device window, select the device you are setting up.
- Advance through the setup until it asks for a PIN. Enter the PIN from the Begin Headset Setup section.
- Advance through the rest of the setup on the phone
- Once the PIN is accepted on your phone, the headset should advance to the next screen.
- Continue through the setup on the device until complete
Reset an existing SIMVANA headset
If you are an enterprise customer that already has a SIMVANA headset from us, you will need to reset the headset and attach it to the account created above to access SIMVANA Anesthesia as a standalone app.
- Unplug the headset from the laptop.
- Ensure the device is powered on.
- Put on the headset.
- Hold down the power and volume down button. Continue doing this until the Meta logo appears
- In the USB Update Mode screen, use the volume buttons to highlight the "Factory reset" option
- Click the power button to select "Factory Reset"
- Select the "Yes, erase and factory reset" option
For further help in performing a factory reset. Visit this Meta help page.
Begin Headset SetupOnce the headset completes it's factory reset. You will need to perform an initial setup. While wearing the headset, advance through the setup steps. This will include:
- Selecting a language
- Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Acknowledging safety notices
- Stop when you get to the Pair your headset with the Meta Quest app. Write down the PIN, it will be used in the next step
For further assistance with headset setup. Visit this meta help page.
Installation and Basic usage
If you are new to VR in general, we recommend checking these resources:
A video out on the basics of the Meta Quest 3: https://youtu.be/Ll5ywZZFM0A
Meta's documentation for getting started: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/getting-started/getting-started-with-quest-3/